Skip to main content

A scene from my upcoming Novel !!

I was recently hired.  I belonged to the village of Karghan. There was a single family member that was left to me in my whole life, Azim, my 2 year old son. Some memories last for years and some for lifetime, the bitter ones last longer and the disastrous ones are eternal. One night I was leaving my home to go over to my friends. I still remember the innocent, sweet-natured look of my wife, Sahar, standing in the door and with those benevolent eyes set on me the whole time, she said, “Dear! Please  take Azim with you for a few hours so I could freely tidy your rooms.” I said reluctantly, “All right, bring him over.” I allowed, frequently and willingly that between us she had to be dominating most of the time and certainly of all the positive traits any husband could have to secure lifetime love from his wife was the same trait I had and I knew she loved my for that. I took Azim and briskly walked towards the door and she called from behind, “Dear! Wont’ you say ba’bye?” I was not in my pleasant mood and I returned coldly, “Enjoy!” I remember afterwards this single memory haunted me for a long time, I would usually tell myself, “I wish I had a long, loving and smiling look at my wife that night.” I believe we have to never miss an opportunity of revealing our love to our partner even in bitterest situations. I left the house and joined my friends for a few hours in the neighborhood. We talked, we laughed and Azim slept on my lap and I was just remembering the gorgeous look of Sahar when I heard the most frightful sound of bombardment. We all ran out and covered ourselves to protection. I was terribly afraid I firmly hold Azim and completely wrapped him in my arms and closed his ears by my palms, we counted every second and the bombings unceasingly continued. This ordeal lasted around ten minutes and I thought that the excessive shaking would finally cause the earth to swallow all of us deep into it. Eventually the horror sounds ceased, the dark dusty particles floated around us immensely, we instantly knew that tragedy struck and struck so hard. Human race have been gifted unmistakable sense of human tragedy, the moment that everyone was hiding for cover we knew that human lives have been lost. We rushed outside and the first instant I saw my house entrapped in flames, I could not hold myself and I ran barefooted with all energy, the distance intolerably became longer. For a moment I thought I was running in a maze and lost my way, my eyes filled with tears, the flames and the house blurred, still I could not reach, another instant while I was desperately rushing towards the house I saw shadows in the flames, I saw someone was wringing hands in the air as signs of asking help. When I reached the gate the roaring and the unbearable heat of the house fire stopped me. The neighbors all around had come and their pitiful utterances were not intelligible to me. My mind was not helping me; I sat and helped my head against my hands. The first time I experienced that in the midst of hopelessness and tragedy at least some of us (if not everyone) think about past events and so vividly they come to your imagination you believe you are transferred there, at this moment of tragedy I recollected the minutest details of my life events. Those details would have never come alive without this tragedy, I remembered instantly my mother helping me with my school shirt when I was in primary. I remembered my father giving me a five Afghani coin and smiled and told me, “My boy, buy some sweets!” I remembered the last look of my wife, those beautiful and honest eyes asking me to come earlier from friends. Deep in my heart as I remembered one by one, I knew I had lost each one of them. The night became morbid and long and I had forgotten where I was. It seemed that half of my gloom and misery were shared by my villagers too; I could see in their face and feel from their eyes that they were immensely shocked at the incident. I could hear distinctly one of them said, “Have mercy Lord, how could these creatures burn to death!” Another said, “I wish I had died before seeing such disaster.”  Later, the burned and mutilated bodies were taken out one by one. As I could see from a distance, all the corpses were similar: black, severely burned and with unusual human shapes. I also experienced that sometimes the life of a human being is worse than death if one has to witness several dead bodies of his own kin, at the same time. Later, I remembered that in those heart-breaking moments I had an unusual kind of peace, feelings of gratitude to my wife. I did not realize the reason that night but the next morning as I saw my son I felt thankful and deep in my conscience my respect and love for God and my wife increased tremendously. Azim became the bridge of communication between me and my past life. He had the eyes of his mother, grey and benevolent. He gave me hope and solace. He was also the reason to remind me constantly that I had to take revenge. My mind was wandering in the past that I heard the news of the incident from a radio station: “For the second time this week US air force have apologized for hitting a civilian location killing three family members. The air force has promised to launch an extensive investigation.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming Soon: Fiction Plots

Dear all, I would soon upload a new book called Romantic Plots on Amazon. Here are the titles: Plot Titles for Romance: 1- A Secret and sweet memories 2- Richi’s customer 3- A False Alarm 4- A Death to Remember 5- She hates muscles 6- The poor Artist 7- An English Teacher 8- Lover’s Killer 9- The Gambler Fan 10- A Viral Heartbreak  11- The Newcomer 12- A soldier’s friend 13- Remember me forever 14- A Late Reply 15- Caught in Mountains 16- The Lost Gift 17- Retiring age 18- Choices of Destiny 19- Lucky Love 20- Life Sentence Here is one sample Plot (draft):  Title : A Secret and Sweet Memories       Genre : Romance Setting :  Small village in historical Europe, the town of Sogndal, Norway and in London. Plot Summary : In 1988 the secret story of Aina revealed two hundred years later when her grandest daughter found papers locked in a metal box underground her old house. Twenty One year old Aina is raised in a catholic family

The difference between Books and Movies!

Books are lengthy but movies are short, is it really the vital difference?? Some say movies are more interesting than books, because you spend just under two hours to get the whole idea and move on to the next story (another movie), but with books you need to make a plan and spend hours sitting to finally understand the whole story. Let's count the pros and cons of each one: 1- Books take time but movies don't. 2- Movies are visual and more interesting but books are not visual and gets boring sometimes. 3- Books dig deep and teach life lessons, well, movies run on surface and its ideas are not well received for long term. 4-Books are more inspirational than movies, because you spend too much time with it. Considering the number of movies and books that you have watched or studied in your life, I am sure every one remembers books better than a lot of movies ( I mean the content not just the name). So, when was the last time you saw a great movie? I guess a very long t